Thursday, September 15, 2016

Darryl Strawberry: 1988-1989 Star (Gold Edition)

Previous posts on the Blue and Platinum editions of Darryl Strawberry cards printed by the Star Company have appeared on this blog. I guess I am the sucker for buying the Gold Edition, too. Like Gold Member, though, I love gooooooooooold.


Like the previous series, these cards print fascinating information. One card is just labeled "New York". Really brought their A-game there! These cards make me feel old, though, because of how skinny and young Strawberry himself looks. Which reminds me that I was about 14 or 15 when these came out and still had hair.


A bad cropping job up in the top left. This is a representative example of my early days in buying and scanning. I think I got these back in May or June and it's been festering as a Draft post since then.

But I've got the bug, the fever.  I don't think I can be satisfied with the 1988 Blue, Platinum and Gold editions, especially knowing there is the Purple edition and the Platinum glossy editions out there somewhere.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment