Sunday, September 4, 2016

Darryl Strawberry: 1988 Star (Blue)

In the seeming height of card production (although they must produce more cards now?), the Star Company seems to have been busy printing cards of players with different colored borders. I had one of the 1988 Darryl Strawberry Star card in my collection from back in the day with a blue border. It was number 3 of 11. So, I did what we do and looked around for sets. I decided to just buy a complete set of the Star Blue's off of eBay as it was $2.50. Some sellers were offering then for $2.00 each. So, this was a good deal.







The Star Co, not being satisfied with just blue, printed several other card sets: Purple, Platinum, Platinum Glossy, and Gold. Look forward, I know you will, to posts highlighting some of these acquisitions throughout the month.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment