Saturday, October 15, 2016

Some 1980s Darryl Strawberry Broder's

Another recent eBay purchase was eight 1980's no-border Broder baseball cards from Darryl Strawberry's heydey with the New York Mets. 11 cents a pop!...

I kind of got taken, though, as the sneaky eBay seller had red backgrounds or borders on a couple of the cards and so when the cards arrived, they didn't match and I ended up buying a dupe. I like the picture a lot, and at .11 cents I didn't really worry about it BUT, I certainly won't be buying from this seller again. It may be, of course, that I didn't pay close enough attention to the image on the card. I've actually always wondered if you, the people, have sellers that you like the buy from and if so, who are they? Feel free, please, to comment or email their names/stores/etc.

A list of the cards:

1986 Rob Broder, Card #NNO

1987 Broder Action Superstars Series III, Card #53
1987 Broder Action Superstars Series IV, Card #63 (2)

1988 Broder Action Superstars Series I, Card #14
1988 Broder Action Superstars Series II, Card #8
1988 Broder Classic Baseball Superstars I, Card #16
1988 Broder Classic Baseball Superstars II, Card #28

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for... the images!





The second photo in the third row looks like he's deciding if he finally has enough chin hair to start shaving. I wonder, in the first card in the last row, who he's about to smooch?

The backs are so boring I fell asleep scanning them so didn't include them. If anyone feels shorted by this omission, please send me a check for $49.99 and I'll scan them and post them immediately.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment