Monday, January 23, 2017

Darryl Strawberry - 2016 Panini Pantheon - The Great Entertainers

Meant to post this at the weekend but was up to my eyeballs in editing a forthcoming book. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this must have caused all 1.75 of my readers!

Well, this card is something special. It continues to relic/fetish desire to own pieces of Darryl Strawberry's major league career. It is much better than the previous bat relic card I highlight on this blog because there are three bat chips AND an authentic Darryl Strawberry autograph.



An on the card autograph would have been better than this on sticker job which looks quite cheap. I don't think growing up I ever had anything with is autograph. And it's certainly changed and shortened up from the 1980s to today. If you Google image search you can see the developing conciseness of his signature from then to now which is kind of cool.

I'm like sooooooo glad there are no logo on Strawberry's image. That totally would have ruined the card.

I have a signed Dwight Gooden baseball from the mid-to-late 1980s, and my brother and I also had a Pete Rose signed ball. And I think a Red Schoendienst baseball, too. My brother was a BIG Don Mattingly fan (hey, we all have faults) and I'm confident at one point he had a signed Mattingly something: ball, color photograph, etc.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. I was wondering what Strawberry's signature looked like. All thinks considered, it is a pretty lengthy name to fit on a sticker. He's definitely found a way to shorten it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Straw looks like he signed up to play softball for a semi-serious softball team, what with the recoloration of the stripes on his side and pants and all.

    ReplyDelete