Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Darryl Strawberry, Post Man

This is Baseball Every Night's 100th Post. In honor, I'll just highlight one card.

Just a one card post. I'll do it for... posterity because I'm a blog poster... I was impatient waiting for the... postman to deliver it; almost went... postal. But then all of a sudden it was in my... postbox! I guess that makes this a ... postcard. Har har har. Well, I was going to publish this on the blog earlier but it got...postponed because I was too busy trying to be clever in a... postmodern way. Actually, it was the baseball postseason that did it as I was sidetracked watching all the good games and celebrating the end of David Ortiz's career, though the Red Sox are so obnoxious they'll cart the old boy out too frequently next year for unnecessary, inane "celebrations"... Whoa, digression. Clearly I need to talk to someone about this -- this isn't posturing, either. And then something else happened, and then something else and suddenly it's winter and 2017...

Anyone clued into what this is all about? Anyone still here? Hello?

Mom?

McFly?

Post! This is Darryl Strawberry's 1991 Post Baseball Card #7. Got it on ebay for a penny. He shoots, he scores. Oh, mixing my sports metaphors here.



Thanks for stopping by!

P.S. - stands for postscript.

2 comments: