Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Strawberry & Kruk from Lifetime Topps Project

A short while ago, I sent some cards to Lifetime Topps Project. Chris kindly sent me back a slew (15 total) of John Kruk and Darryl Strawberry cards which are quite welcome additions to my own project.

Let's take a look because these cards are so awesome they just have to be seen to be believed.

We'll do the two Darryl Strawberry cards, first. First up is a 1990 Topps Ames All Stars. A card that I've never seen before to be sure, and is bright and glossy as the day it was printed. It sometimes amazes me how well these cards age. Far better than me, for sure!


The second Strawberry was a dupe, but a card as precious (and pouty)! Well, one cannot have too many. It's the 1995 Score Gold Rush. I mean, this has to be one of the best/worst cards ever. Of All Time! I remember giving this face quite a bit when I could play Atari Pitfall.



The 13 Kruk cards are unbelievable.

1989 Upper Deck, Card #280


1990 Bowman, Card #154



1993 Stadium Club, Card #83
1993 Upper Deck, Card #247


Ok, now below we're getting to some dirty Kruk era cards. And the mullet is in full-on glory, too.


Man is he dirrty. Christina Aguilera likes that.

1994 Collector's Choice, Card #168
1994 Stadium Club Dugout Dirt, Card #3
1994 Upper Deck Fun Cards, #230
1994 Upper Deck Scratch Off, Phillies


Seriously - he's so illegally, illicitly sexy this could be the centerfold in an older audience periodical . Sexy laying down John Kruk crotch shot. Let's take a closer look:


Is that a stick logo on your pants or are you happy to see me?


Looks like the Great Goblin from the Lord of the Rings on the back of the Dugout Dirt card. I'm thinking...


Kruk saying "I'll take two hot dogs and a beer after this at bat."



1995 Pinnacle, Card #395
1995 Stadium Club, Card #331
1995 Upper Deck, Card #145
1995 Upper Deck, Electric Diamond Silver, Card #145


That covergirl face.


John looking like the stereotypical truck driver on this card back.


I'm pretty sure in this Upper Deck card that the box of stats on the card back is censoring a uniform malfunction and that Kruk's junk is dangling about. But you'll notice a bit of a oval-shaped thing hanging underneath the totals line...I think that might be...


Might as well see that shot again, this time Electric Diamond style.

2012 Upper Deck Goodwin Champions, Card #109


OMG!

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. I have to say I like the back of the 1993 Upper Deck and the 1994 Collector's Choice.. I enjoy cards showing throwback uniforms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. It's always kind of jarring (not that right word), but it makes you look closer because it's almost unexpected.

    ReplyDelete