Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Darryl Strawberry 1989 Bowman Tiffany

1989 saw Bowman bring its sexy back. And they had a Tiffany issue, too. This is the Darryl Strawberry card in that set. The card back for me is a favorite as I have said before on this blog. The breakdown by team is a very cool feature and couldn't be done today because of the inter-league games: might require either a fold out card, or one with a digital display or something.



Speaking of inter-league play... how do you feel about it? Do you like it? Hate it? Indifferent? I admit it was cool earlier this year to see the Pirates play in Fenway Park, but I also feel like those games could be better if they were playing AL teams; that playing AL teams would have more an an effect on their season. It was the regular season but it looked like Spring Training. My own preference is to do away with it.

I also still cannot for the life of me figure out why Houston was moved to the AL West instead of putting Milwaukee back in the AL? I mean, put Milwaukee in the AL Central and move Kansas City to the AL West. Would that have worked? I'm sure there would have been a way to do it....

A Cracked Bat is running a contest and if you don't enter you cannot win.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. I believe the Astros and Rangers lobbied hard to be in the same division to build a rivalry.

    I could live with interleague play as a bit of spice for a few weeks, but I hate that it's all season long now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brett. Oh, very interesting about the Rangers/Astros. It seems it is a good rivalry. I agree with you on both counts... I didn't mind it so much when it was a week or so in May and June, and dislike that it's all year. Though I'd rather see it go away altogether I think.

    ReplyDelete