Friday, May 5, 2017

Now I Feel Like a Collector Again

Getting a surprise in the mail from Kin of so many different web presences made my day. Kin can be found at I Feel Like A Collector Again and at Bean's Ballcard Blog (Also on Twitter). In fact, I think he's probably not just one man, but a Super Man with about 17 arms and 172 fingers.

Kin hit me up with the following John Kruk from 1993 Post. The face of the card shows the swing follow through (I'm talking about the mullet -- not the bat) and the back of the card shows a much cleaner, though probably mid-burp, visage of the beauty & the beast.


There were also two Darryl Strawberry cards included.


1986 KayBee above and 1988 Classic Blue below.


I particularly fancy the KayBee card as I remember these little boxed sets from them; Toys R Us (Rookies), and Rite Aid and the like from when I was in my early teens. I liked all the cards of the guys because I "knew" them all and followed them, but definitely would've paid more close attention to Mr. Strawberry.

Like many of you, busyness has seemed to have taken over my life leaving not as much time for buying baseball cards. Don't think I've bought anything since March, which is criminal. That being said I never blogged about that stuff so hopefully I'll be able to find the time to write and show off some of them.

Thanks Kin, for the very nice surprise cards!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. I was excited to find the Strawberrys on your want list! I'm with you, I loved all those 30-40 card box sets back in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great oddballs. The back of the 1986 Kaybee card reminds me of the 1971 Topps backs.

    ReplyDelete