Sunday, June 4, 2017

Darryl Strawberry 1989 Topps Tiffany

Continuing on the adventure of adding the gorgeous Topps Tiffany cards to my Darryl Strawberry collection, here we have his two 1989 Topps cards: base and All-Star.

I really like the base card. I like the design as well as the specific photograph they used of Strawberry. On the flip side, I've always been kind of blah, meh, whatevs about the All-Star cards for this set. However, that being said, it's leaps and bounds better than the talking-heads-esque design for the 1988 All-Star cards, which reminds me of a jack-in-the-box. Or something.



On the whole though these Tiffany cards really have held up well through the years and are an absolute joy to have and to hold. I've actually never checked to see if John Kruk, my other interest, has a Topps Tiffany card. I'm sure he does, but it just seems kind of insulting to how dirty and scruffy he is often portrayed as in his cards.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment