Monday, August 7, 2017

A Darryl Strawberry eBay Oddball Order, Part 2

This is the second post of cards from a recent(ish) eBay order that saw me get plenty of oddball baseball cards of Darryl Strawberry but also features a couple of parallels, too. These are from the 1990s so Strawberry here is a member of the Mets, Dodgers, Giants, and Yankees.

1990 Topps TV All Star, Card #56

Another card that I like quite a bit. A post swing, probably a screaming single up the middle? The card back features Strawberry's career best stats which shows how great he performed in 1987, probably because Topps had such a cool design.

1990 US Playing Card Silver, Card #King/Hearts

For a while I bet he was the King of Hearts.

1992 French's Mustard, Card #17 (with Rickey Henderson)


Team logo's? We don't need no stinkin' team logo's. Seriously, eat tater tots with mustard and thank me later.

1992 Mr Turkey, Card #24


1992 Sunflower Seeds, Card #20

How there haven't been more sunflower seed and bubble gum sponsored cards is beyond me. We had Bakooka for a while...was there ever a Double-Bubble or a Big League Chew issue? I used to love Big League Chew.

1995 Score Hall of Gold, Card #HG36

Apparently I'm incapable or ordering cards without getting a dupe. This is the dupe, and I'm a dope. Doah!

1997 Topps Stadium Club Members Only Parallel, Card #82


I like this card quite a bit even though Stawberry is in Pinstripes. This is a Members Only parallel of the Stadium Club set. Coming out on the top step, tipping the cap, getting an ovation. It captures some great action on the part of the player and the fan. That kid in the front row with his left arm raised mirroring Strawberry's is awesome. I think that's what baseball is all about (at any age).

The seller included two Mets team logo Panini stickers from 1991 and 1992 as freebies which was a nice thing to do. If anyone wants these, please let me know.




Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Not only did the French's card not use team logos, but they airbrushed out the number on the back of Strawberry's uniform. I don't think Panini even does that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tom, for your comment. I hadn't noticed the missing number. Ha ha. That's funny.

      Delete
  2. Sweet oddballs! Seeing Strawberry in Yankees Pinstripes is weird... but seeing him with the Giants is weirder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, for me anything non-Mets is jarring.

      Delete
  3. Love, love, love oddball cards like these. I've recently started looking for cards of Strawberry so I may have to grab some of these in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Colbey! Glad you liked these cards. If you see anything on my Strawberry PC page that I have 2 or more of just let me know & they are yours.

      Delete