Monday, August 28, 2017

An Off the Wall Trade: Red Sox for Darryl Strawberry

I recently completed my first trade with Shane of Off the Wall. I met Shane via Twitter and was happy to have a new trade partners and to pass on some Red Sox cards that I didn't need/want.

In return, I got a great lot of five Darryl Strawberry cards that make me quite happy to have.

The first here is a the 1985 Big Apple's Finest sketch of the Straw man. Had never seen this before other than on the Trading Card Database.


The second card is Strawberry's 1987 Action Superstars card number 63.  Looks like he's about to make some sweet contact with the ball. But clearly not a home run shot, the "launch angle" of the bat is all wrong. Probably a low line drive.


The 1990 Topps Sticker backs card is great; the front features Vince Coleman and Jim Abbott. Topps made boys (and men) collecting stickers a cool thing. Scratch-n-sniff was awesome too, as long as it wasn't the diesel or the skunk smelling ones. Remember these?



The 1991 Studio card shows a pensive Strawberry which is diametrically opposed to the Strawberry that he was becoming off the field. Still not keen on the Dodgers cap.


Last but not least, the 1993 Upper Deck "Team Stars" card with Eric Davis. Makes you wonder what might have been...



Thank you so much Shane!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Glad I could find a couple Straws for ya Pete—Ill keep an eye out for more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate that very much and I'll do the same for Sox cards!

      Delete