Saturday, August 19, 2017

Darryl Strawberry's 1987 Donruss Super DK

Got this Darryl Strawberry 1987 Donruss Super DK from Sportlots recently. Though, like a dummy, when I was opening the packet I clipped a corner off the big card. So sometime in the future I may look to acquire another one.

I'm not a massive fan of Diamond Kings in general; or, at least, this one is really awful of Strawberry's face (the post-swing batting image is much better). I am a fan though of the border. 



Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Yeah some of the Diamond Kings look almost like Claymation... But I still love them.. Always have..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the clipped corner. I've done that myself, so you're not alone.

    Anyways... 80's and early 90's Donruss Diamond Kings are some of my favorite subsets of all-time. I've always thought about collecting and displaying all of them in a single binder. If that ever happens... I'll probably have to chase down all of the oversized ones as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm also a member of that club. Hopefully the Strawberry didn't set you back too much.

      Delete
    2. Well, it seems I'm in good company! It might have been .18. So, paid like way more for shipping. Ho hum.

      Delete
    3. Good luck if you collect them: they'd look wonderful in a binder I think. If the Strawberry was better I'd feel differently I think about the cards in general. If that makes any sense?

      Delete